Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, April 6, 2011


Hello Readers, hope you have been enjoying reading our blog chats with our uniquely talented designers and following our stories on Facebook. Keeping up with our interviews, today I am very happy to introduce you to a very unique brand – unique because they are one of a kind and unique also because they cater to a unique audience – those lovable, adorable cuties we call kids.

So without further riddles, let me introduce you to our lovely entrepreneur Garima Agarwal, of Peek-a-boo Patterns – a brand all about kids and hence cute, colourful, inspiring, lovable and delightful.

Hi Garima lovely to be finally chatting away with you. We want to know about you and lots about Peek-a-boo Patterns as do our readers and customers. So tell me a little about yourself before we talk about your lovely products

Garima: Born and brought up in Kolkata I always had a flair for design. Always intrigued by creativity and have done various courses to learn different art forms. I have also done a diploma course in Fashion designing. I am extremely fond of art of every form. But my true passion lies in bringing smiles to babies and kids.

Clearly that passion speaks in your brand. So how did you come up with Peek-a-boo patterns?

Garima: Well I got the idea while doing up my own kids room who are the constant source of all my inspiration.

That’s sweet. And I must say that going by the sheer beauty of the products, they are a great inspiration. Ok so now tell me how all this started.

Garima: Peek-a-book Patterns is a unique venture of customized home furnishings for kids of all ages. My products are a wide range of theme based and random designs of kid’s furnishings and kids stationary and art - Our forte being customising to suit the liking our clients. We enjoy creating meaningful products for kids. We have worked with causes like Go Green, Gandhis Monkeys, and Grow Trees etc – causes that we believed in and thought could be interesting for kids.

Your range of products has a very unique brand name too. So is there a story behind it?

Garima: I started the company with the idea of doing window treatments – Peek-a-boo is a cute word used by moms to play hide and seek with their babies. Tiny Tots often hide behind curtains and peek out and Peekaboo – I See you. When I was sure of the product, this name instantly came to my mind and frankly I didn’t give it a second thought.

Yes of course kids do that all the time right from the time they are tiny babies. That’s such a wonderful way to build the brand that is all about kids. We love the name.
So Garima, you are an immensely talented woman and we know that by now. So tell us what inspires your creativity?

Garima: As I said earlier, my kids and all the kids and babies around me are my true and everlasting inspiration. My family is my biggest support but my strength lies in my team

Kudos to the team and the kids for inspiring you so much. So is there like a list of designers work or art you look upto besides your inspiration?

Garima: Well there is a big list of people whom I admire for their creativity. Designers like Meera Mahadevan who is known for her clutches, Anamika Khanna from Kolkata for her vibrant and symbolic designs. I also look upto artists like the Srilankan Nature Lover –Senaka and many many more.

I know these designers are inspiration for many. So Garima, besides Peek-a-boo, what else interests you? Do you have other passions?

Garima: Of course :). I love doodling, music, long drives and hanging out with my kids

So are you working on some new stuff?

Garima: We are constantly working on new stuff – new themes, new products. There is a dearth of these products in the country and we want to give our best shot.
We are coming up with meaningful furniture concepts designed keeping in mind today’s “OH SO BUSY” kids, their hobbies and numerous other activities and thus creating products like Art Station, Toy Station, and Sports Station. A child here learns to organise his things, keep it safe and use it smartly.

That sounds perfect. I know of many parents including myself who would love to get hold of one of those stations for our kids and get them organised.

So for all our readers who want to get their hands on your stuff, as we speak (oh I know they want to) where all can they find your products?

Garima: They can find our stuff at L'Orange(Pune),Kazage(Kolkata), AA living, Bibzy(Mumbai), Apple of My I - Bangalore( Indira NagarJaya Nagar &White Field),The Orange Bicycle(Bangalore) , Little Princess(Hyderabad)

Thanks Garima, it was great speaking to you. But before we end this chat, we really want to know from you – a successful and a passionate entrepreneur like you – your mantras for success.

Garima: Well they are actually simple things that I believe in –
-      Have a passion for what you do,
-      Be positive in every way,
-      Think of the actions and not the results,
-      Step into the consumers shoes and understand their need and
-      Work as an integrated team

So true indeed! Well hopefully me and some of our readers can be inspired from these                      simple mantras to look deep inside ourselves and draw out our creativity. It was lovely to chat with you so frankly and know so much more about the person behind this lovely brand. We wish you all the best for more inspiration and more creativity.

Now for some recommendation from our side – well we love everything from her collections and it’s a fairly difficult choice but if we have to pick then one of those cute bean chairs, or stools, and the lovely colourful long cushions are a definite pick.
But parents out there trust me you will want an entire range to do up your kids room – so come right away!

Enjoy some images of the super cute stuff that we talked about. I am sure you will love them if you don’t already. And just to let you know, we take orders for customised furnishings at The Orange Bicycle on behalf of Peek-a-boo Patterns.  

Hope you enjoyed this little chat and till our next one.  PEEK-A-BOO! J





3 comments:

  1. I love Garima's stuff! I have a bedsheet from her collection for my son's bedroom and both of us love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great ideas for decorate the kids room. Because they want to make fun in their childhood life. SO it is very good to provide them such an impressive environment..
    Games For Young Children

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hibird Cycles are the largest cycle manufacturer in India and market pioneer in the section with a worldwide nearness. Hibird Cycles are one among the main bike and cycle Manufacturers Company in India and well-known player in the assembling of High-tech bicycles. We have an exceptionally specialized and extensive industry of Bicycle in Ludhiana.

    Cycles Manufacturers in India

    ReplyDelete